Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My small part to stop INDUCE

I batted 2 for 3 in getting ahold of an actual human. My script went like this:
"I'm calling to let the Senator/Congresswoman know that I am an artist and web designer, but I am also an electronic engineer, and in it's currrent form I could not support the INDUCE Act. If they went back and rewrote it, I would reconsider it, but not the way it is currently written. Thank you."
My results:
15:40 EDT - Congressperson Pelosi's Office - The woman I spoke with (forgot to get her name) replied "I'll pass that along."
15:43 EDT - Senator Hatch's Office - A woman named Erin said she would "let the Senator know."
15:45 EDT - Senator McCain's Office - I tried twice, got no answer on the first and a machine on the second. I left a message with my script and my contact information.

I hope it helped. When I signed up, there were a few hundred people signed up to participate. When I left my feedback, it was over 4900. and climbing with every tick of the clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home