Monday, September 27, 2004

bicycles - the new anarchists

[political] It is no longer safe to assume that the NYPD is there to ensure your bicycle doesn't get stolen. They are now the ones doing the stealing. Apparently Bloomberg has decided that parking a bicycle and locking it up is a crime, one that gets the bike confiscated. That's right - the NYPD is cutting through locks to confiscte bicycles that may or may not belong to cyclists riding in Critical Mass. If you happen to ride your bike down to the cafe, be careful. There is a new band of theives in town.

Time to create new designs for next month's Critical Mass ride in New York. I still need to do the artwork, but I have come up with "Bicycles are anarchists too - Bloomberg", "My bicycle was arrested for loitering and being under the influence of a lock." and "Now even my bicycle wants Bloomberg out of office."

[update 10:50 a.m. EDT] I put 3 Critical Mass stickers up in my Pier 57 section, next come the shirts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home