Sunday, April 30, 2006

Firmware Upgrade Death took my iAudio U2 this morning

[mp3 players]

Can I get a moment of silence, please? My Cowon iAudio U2 mp3 player died. Not a peaceful death from a long life of use and providing pleasure. Instead it fell victim to Firmware Upgade Death.

I followed the crazy, intricate directions to the letter,and yet it still went CRUNCH. Actually, it's a flash player, so it didn't make any noise, but still... I needed it for this afternoon's Darfur Rally on the Mall. So this afternoons excitement will not be brought to you by 'iAudio! Makers of fine media players!' or whatever their tagline is.

Now, you could be thinking "he did something wrong". Maybe, but I'm not the only one, and it's not just the U2 model either.

Some say their U2s have come back to life on their own. That's great, but I'm not sure I want a zombie-fied mp3 player hanging around my neck.


technorati tags

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home